Register below for this week’s Open Mics
The Laughing Buddha Comedy Open Mics are widely recognized for their supportive vibe and quality stage time, giving you a chance to work out new material or polish your act. We always have a great crowd that often stimulates a true comedy club audience. We welcome comics of all levels, and it’s a great place to make your stand up debut!
It is always best to book ahead. You may try for a walk in spot, although it is not first come, first served. Priority goes to comics with guests, priority Mic Chips, and those enrolled in classes.
We host over 30 Mics a week at the following venues:
- The Buddha Room at Klimat Lounge, 77 East 7th St.
- The Stand, 239 3rd Ave.
- The Grisly Pear, 107 Macdougal St.
- Greenwich Village Comedy Club, 99 Macdougal St.
Our Open Mics invite comics to work out their material, and our Mics/Shows (later slots) often include an audience, so at these shows we refrain from using notes on stage and ask you to bring your “A” game.
Klimat events offer free appetizers after all Mics. Please do not register for two consecutive Mics on any given day. You may try for a walk in spot on as many Mics as you like. Kindly note, we do not accept phone calls regarding Open Mics. If you need to cancel, you must contact us at Mics@laughingbuddhacomedy.com.
Friday 8:30 Mic/Show @ The Buddha Room at Klimat:
Friday 10:30 Mic/Show @ The Buddha Room at Klimat:
Saturday 4:30 Open Mic @ The Buddha Room at Klimat (7 Minute Mic)
Saturday 6:30 Mic/Show @ The Buddha Room at Klimat
Saturday 8:30 Mic/Show @ The Buddha Room at Klimat
Saturday 10:30 Mic/Show @ The Buddha Room at Klimat
Tuesday 8:30 Mic/Show @ The Buddha Room at Klimat (Pre-paid) CANCELLED THIS WEEK
Tuesday 10:30 Mic/Show @ The Buddha Room at Klimat (Free!) CANCELLED THIS WEEK
Wednesday 8:30 Open Mic @ The Buddha Room at Klimat (Pre-paid) CANCELLED THIS WEEK
Comics must be at least 18 years of age to perform, 16 if they’re accompanied by an adult.
Excessive cancellations are damaging. They cause our Mics to not be full, prevent other comics from registering that might even be bringing guests, and cause us to risk losing our privileges with our venues. If you are new to stand up, you will learn there are no guarantees in this business; not as a comic and not as producers.
When you cancel, a simple “please cancel 6:30 Mic at The Buddha Room at Klimat” is sufficient. It’s great that you have a valid excuse, but we just need to know you won’t be there so someone else can register in your place.
Please do not book multiple Mics at the start of the registration period and then cancel numerous times. In other words, secure your place and then decide later which you will attend. Comics doing this will lose their booking privileges and be eligible for walk in/ stand by only.
Please do not register for consecutive Mics. You may try for stand by in the mic before or after the one you registered for; this allows everyone to have access to our stages. We are currently looking for more space and hope to allow you to register for whatever you wish in the future.
Thursday through Saturday, please register for only one 8:30 Mic/Show. Again, allowing everyone to participate and giving you a fresher audience of new faces to try your material on.
Our stand by list is not first come first served. Comics taking classes, attending with guests, or supporting our New Talent Industry Shows have priority.
When audience is present especially in our 8:30 and 10:30 Mic/Shows our hosts have the option of altering the lottery to put a veteran comic up and keep the audience engaged. They are not playing favorites, they are trying to keep the crowd in the room for you as well as for the benefit of the venue.
When you check in for a Mic at Klimat you must head downstairs when the staff announces seating. Comics lingering upstairs or going down to hear if their name is called and again hanging out upstairs will not be put up, have their $5 refunded and lose all booking privileges including walk in.
Our hosts are not the police, they are trying to be comics just like you. Please allow them to focus on their craft the way you wish to.
When you see the host approaching the stage your time is up. You will get the light with one minute left, please acknowledge it and rap up your set. Your set is not finished when you finish your bit. It’s a mic, not your one man show at Madison Square Garden.
Phone use is prohibited in the room. You may take a quick break if it is urgent, but if your pet is in the hospital and you have to check your phone every five minutes you should not be at that particular mic.
Upon finishing your set, you are not required to stay, but we highly encourage you to do so. It’s common courtesy, respect to your fellow comedians and the number one principle that has formed our community.You will also have priority on walk in should you be on a list with others known to not be as supportive.
Please be understanding it is not a perfect system and our staff does their very best to keep things fair and follow our procedures.
Once again, we thank you for your support and hope you understand these guidelines are necessary to keep our Mics and YOUR stage time running smoothly!
Open Mic Booking Guidelines
- Each mic has its own registration link above. Click on the link to register for that mic. You will receive a confirmation email, unless we are full, in which case you may try for a walk in spot.
- If you receive an email stating that we are full, or if registration is closed, you may still try for a walk in spot by signing up 15 minutes before each Mic. Remember priority goes to comics taking classes at our school, performing at our new talent and industry shows, or bringing guests to the mic. New comics also get priority booking on Open Mics. Veteran comics get priority on Mic/Shows.
- You must contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel your spot. Please remember there is usually a waiting list to perform. You are only allowed two cancels per month, even with notice.
- Comics pay a $5 cover charge and a one item minimum. On Saturday at the 8:30 and 10:30PM Mic/Shows, guests also pay a $5 cover and one item minimum. There is no drink minimum at the Stand.
- Spots will be 5 minutes, unless we are at capacity, in which case spots will be 4.5 minutes, but you will have a larger audience.
- The same “No notes, no phones” rule will apply for comics and audience. You may use all the notes you want on stage during the earlier mics. We do not allow notes on stage for the Mic/Shows.
- PLEASE INVITE YOUR FRIENDS! An audience helps our mics feel like shows and the result is quality stage time for all!
- Same as an open mic except NO NOTES ARE ALLOWED ON STAGE
- There is often a real audience so bring your “A” Game.
- Veteran comics get priority booking on Mic/Shows, but all are welcome to sign up.
- Comics with guests receive priority booking.
- Spots will be 5 minutes, unless we are at capacity, in which case spots will 4.5 minutes
- You may only register for ONE Mic/Show Wednesday – Saturday. If you register for both Mic/Shows on the same day, you may lose both your spots